April 13, 2011

Flower Tutorial



 Here's the "how to" on the tissue paper flowers.  I tried a lot of different variations and for me this was the winner.

Start with a Square piece of tissue paper. I used 3x3 inches.
Fold it diagonally in half.

Then fold it in half two more times.

Easy right?

Now cut where I've put the red dotted lines. Make sure the side with all the loose ends is the side you are cutting.

If you are only using one color of tissue paper and want to incorporate a pop of another color this is the point that you want to outline the same edges you've just cut with a marker color of your choice.

At this point I layer two cut outs and make sure none of the edges are overlapping. Then pinch the flat bottom and  and roll.it around one of the branches. I just used white twist ties to secure it when I had it arranged to look the way I wanted.

Okay, now for these little buds I started with a 2x2 in piece of crepe paper (tissue for the tutorial). 

You want to fold it in half.
Then fold it in half again. 

Then I cut the lose edge side of the square into scalloped edges. (I didn't draw on them, that's just so you can figure out these crappy directions!)

After you cut out the scallop/petal shape you should have something like this.

You want to form into a cone shape around the end of the twig. I used a dab glue for this one.

I hope you like it as much as I did. Especially for Zero Bucks!

Sneak peak of the shower!





Thanks all you peeps for having these awesome parties- and maybe, just maybe someone will read this blog!!


Linked up all over the place at At Home with KTip JunkieReason to Skip the Housework,  Decor to Adore, Simply Designing, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, French Country Cottage, Stuff and Nonsense, Simply Sweet Home, Inspiring Creations , Creation Corner, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Creating Really Awesome Free Things,  Petite Hermine and Fingerprints on the Fridge!