April 11, 2011

Special Touches

I've been working on some special little details for the baby shower I'm throwing, more about that here and  here. I've mentioned that I'm a HUGE believer in planning before undertaking a project. I hate to waste time and (especially) resources on changing your mind or and "whoopsies" that happen. Not a great pet peeve for us DIY undertakers but great planning has helped tremendously.

In my prior posts you can see the some of my inspirations.
I've worked with simple tools to put together my own cupcake flags and prize bags.
These bags were ridiculously easy to put together and they cost me ZERO extra dollars!
They are white paper bags, which I already owned, silver wrapping ribbon, card stock I'd already purchased for the shower and the inspiration stickers I've mentioned.  The turquoise square is 3"x3", the light blue is 2"x2" and the white is 1 1/2" x 1 1/2".
Easy, cute, and extra budget friendly!
This is an example of the cupcake toppers I've made. They were even easier than the gift bags. I used some thicker and longer than usual square toothpicks I already owned and and made smaller versions of the decal I put on the gift bag. The turquoise is 2"x2"in and light blue is 1 1/2"x1 1/2". The sticks are just taped on the back, so easy it's ridiculous!

Linked up at Chic on a Shoestring Simply DesigningStuff and NonsenseTip Junkie,  Tatertots and Jello and Reason to Skip the Housework!