May 26, 2011

✥ Z Gallerie Lamp Knock Off ✥


While thrifting the other day I came across the awesome brass lamp. 
It weighs like 5 pound and has the most GORGEOUS shape!!
I've been obsessed with getting it painted because I knew it would be A. Mazing!

I was a little nervous about the paste/concrete-ish grey stuff (underneath the plastic part of the lamp). It must've been broken at some time, but it seemed very sturdy and I was not letting this one get away.

By the way, I looked up the brand of the lamp- Artesanata made in Portugal. I couldn't find any info online but it doesn't feel cheap. Any info out there in Blogland? Hopefully I'm not painting a priceless antique!
source












 I used two coats of primer for metals and as really impressed with how well it adhered to the base. Then two more coats of spray paint- this time a can I found at Michaels' on sale for 59 cents!
Here's my inspiration-
A real beaut from Z Gallerie.
Their version $139.
My version $25.


Here it is in it's new home. Let me know what you guys think!

Update: Check out these fantastic blogs who liked my Lamp Redo!