April 23, 2012

✥ Reader Feature: Tour Netherlands Remodeled Home ✥

Hello dear friends of mine! I have a fun little surprise for our feature today. I got a message from Pietrik- a Netherlands native- asking me to check out her place. Well, if you follow me on Pinterest you know one of my favorite design styles is Scandinavian modern, so I thought this was a super fun chance to feature a home like that!!
She was married just this weekend and this is the home her and her sweetheart remodeled. Her blog is brand spankin new- but her are some fun pics of her place.
 ✧✧✧✧✧
{This was taken outside their home, on their wedding day last Saturday!}
My name is Pietrik Elzinga (1979), born and raised in the north of the Netherlands and married on the 20th of April this year.

About three years a go we bought this house. It was love on first sight….a big garden and a lovely house. 
October 2011 we started rebuilding it. The kitchen and the bathroom were old. and outdated. I knew I would clean and I smelled that I had just cleaned, but unfortunately I couldn’t see it! ;-) We decided to redecorate the whole house.




My style is minimal, modern, and classic Dutch design.
  
On the floors we have big grey tiles, like in the kitchen, entry and bathrooms-
We also put the tiles on the wall on some places- like in the bathroom and in the hallway.
The floor in the living room is pvc, I don’t know the translation in English for that…I especially love the colors white, grey and sand, you’ll see this colors back in the whole house. 
Riviera Maison is one of my favorite designers…unfortunately it is very expensive, so for our new tables I took a picture of the RM tables to the cabinet maker and he made them for us.
The rocking chair in the living room I bought on the internet and painted it myself, I’ve bought the lamps on the flea market and painted them myself also gave them some new lamp shades. 
The kitchen is made by the same cabinet maker who made the tables, I knew exactly what I wanted and the cabinet maker made the idea that was in my head. It turned out to be even better than I could imagine! I’m very happy with everything…It really became a home!
Becca…thanks for giving me the opportunity for sharing my home on your blog. I really appreciate it.

Hope to see you, readers, visiting my blog also some time…you’re very welcome!

Hugs, Pietrik




✧✧✧✧✧

 Oh my word- isn't she cute? 
I love the gray tones in the flooring in her living room. She said it was made of PVC, but she wasn't sure if that was the correct translation? I;m not sure, but I;d put it in my home n a New York minute! I, of course, I am a HUGE fan of the color scheme: gray, white, and tan! I also looove the arches from the living to dining room and also the wood beam ceilings in the living room are rockin my world!
 It's so fun to see how others live-this was one of my favorite features just on account of that!! If you can stop by and show Pietrik some love, and tell her I sent you!

[PS] I feature YOU GUYS  {my readers} every Monday! Do you have a room makeover- or maybe have a home tour you'd like to share? 
Drop me a email or shoot me a link. Let's see if we can work it out!!  xoxo